London Conference 2012 - a conversation on jobs, growth and urban renewal after the Olympics
Tuesday 27 November, 08:30 - 17:30
Southbank Centre, London
Join London's leaders and policy professionals at this day-long event of keynote speeches, breakout discussions and presentations.
We will be debating the strengths and weaknesses of London's economy and asking which sectors have the greatest potential to grow and create jobs. How do we make sure future growth is inclusive and London becomes a better place to live for all its citizens? What does successful urban renewal look like and how do we create vibrant communities and desirable places in the Olympic area and wider east London?
All this will be set in context alongside the latest global research and intelligence on cities and London's competitiveness across the world, from our partners McKinsey & Company.
- Richard Florida, Professor, University of Toronto and NYU; Senior Editor, The Atlantic and author of The Rise of the Creative Class
- Amanda Burden, Director, Department of City Planning, New York City
- Eric Pickles, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
- Munira Mirza, Deputy Mayor for Education and Culture
- Richard Blakeway, Deputy Mayor for Housing, Land and Property
- Peter Hendy, Chief Executive of Transport for London
For more information and to book tickets visit: http://www.londonpolicyconference.com/
Run in partnership with