Migration Review 2012/13Published Sun 30 Dec 2012
In 2013, we expect:
- Further significant falls in non-EU student immigration
- Continued steady declines in non-EU immigration for work and family reasons
- A modest increase in immigration from the EU
- A small increase in asylum claims
- Rising net emigration by UK nationals, and modest increases in emigration by non-EU nationals
The briefing shows that net migration will fall to around 140,000 next year, following a fall of over 25% in the year to March 2012. But net migration will begin to rise again in 2014, although final figures for that year will not be available until after the 2015 General Election.