Book launch webinar: Whose Health Is It, Anyway?
An online webinar
IPPR would like to invite you to attend an upcoming book launch of Whose
health is it, anyway?, a new book by Dame Sally Davies and Dr Jonny Pearson Stuttard. This event will take place virtually on 24th of Nov 17:00-18:30 with both
co-authors giving a brief summary of the book’s main arguments, followed by a
panel discussion on the topic.
This event could not come at a more appropriate moment. The pandemic has
exposed the fragility of our health as a nation and highlighted the intimate links
between our health and the economy. The book argues that going forward health
is our most untapped opportunity for prosperity and happiness in the 21st
century and calls for a transformation in policy to unleash this potential.
Key question we will cover:
- What have we learned about the UK's health as a result of the pandemic?
- What is the link between health and the economy?
- How can we put health promotion at the heart of policy making in the future?
- Dame Sally Davies, Master of Trinity College, Cambridge University
Dr Jonathan Pearson Stuttard, Vice-Chair of the Royal Society for Public Health
- Paul Johnson, Director, IFS (invited)
- Baroness Camilla Cavendish, FT Columnist (invited)
- Chair: Harry Quilter-Pinner, Associate Director, IPPR
Places are limited, please register below for your ticket. A link will be shared with you following registration.