IPPR at The World Transformed 2019
To mark the launch of the latest edition of Progressive Review, we are pleased to announce that IPPR is hosting a panel at The World Transformed this year.
Cultural Capital(ism): Politics and Culture in the UK Today
Tuesday 24th September, 13:00-14:30, Lecture Theatre, Friends Meeting House
Culture has always been deeply connected to politics. But culture cannot lead politics if it is only the already-powerful who can participate. This session will explore the relationship between culture, politics and economics; the role of culture in political movements and identity formation; and whether culture can be made accessible to everyone.
- Rhian E. Jones, Author of Clampdown: Pop-Cultural Wars on Class and Gender
- David Adler, Policy Coordinator, Democracy in Europe Movement (DiEM25) and Fellow, European University Institute (EUI)
- Becka Hudson, Creative Producer, Organiser and Writer
- Dr Monique Charles, Cultural Sociologist
- Carys Roberts, Chief Economist and Editor of Progressive Review, IPPR
More speakers TBA
You can buy your tickets to TWT 2019 and find out more here.
The World Transformed is a 4-day politics, arts and music festival running alongside the Labour Party Conference in Brighton, working to build left power both inside and outside of Parliament.
Since 2016 TWT have been mixing big names with the most inspiring grassroots voices from all over the world, tackling topics that others overlook. TWT is a space for everyone - from seasoned campaigners to people who are brand new to politics.