New Directions in Public Service Reform: Localism in a New Landscape
This seminar is the first in a new series organised jointly between IPPR and PwC on New Directions in Public Service Reform. It aims to understand the nature and implications of this new local landscape for the delivery of public services.
- Cllr Steve Reed (Lambeth)
- Lord Michael Bichard (Senior Fellow, Institute for Government)
The government wants to push power and responsibility downwards to the local level - not just to local authorities, but also to professionals and citizens themselves.
This seminar will ask:
- Where does the expansion of academies, GP commissioning and elected police commissioners leave the role of local government?
- With a more diverse range of commissioners and providers across services, how can we ensure that services are delivered in a way that is joined up in communities?
- How can we trace accountability and ensure quality when multiple partnerships exist in the same service areas?
- What have we learned from our past experience of effective partnership working at a local level?
- Are lessons transferable and partnerships sustainable?
By invitation only.
With support from PwC