Northern Powerhouse: Health and the economy
The Northern Powerhouse agenda has been reinvigorated by the Prime Minister and has been adopted by northern politicians and businesses, as they begin to meet as a Council of the North.
There is a fresh consensus the North has great potential, and the North of England is again at the heart of the national political debate.
There are strong relationships between health and Northern Powerhouse which remain unexplored: the health of the workforce is vital for any economy, as are innovations in the North’s med tech, pharmaceuticals and digital health sectors. But research has highlighted the untapped potential of the North’s businesses, and the historic and persistently poor health outcomes of northern people.
IPPR North and the Northern Health Science Alliance invite you to join a discussion about the Northern Powerhouse and its relationship with health.
- George Freeman MP, Chair of the Prime Minister’s Policy Board and Chair of the Conservative Policy Forum
- Professor Ian Greer, Vice-President of The University of Manchester
- Dr Hakim Yadi, Chief Executive of the NHSA
- Professor Louise Robinson, Director of Newcastle University Institute for Ageing
- Ed Cox, Director of IPPR North (Chair)
Our event will take place on the 3 October at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Manchester from 4pm.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with IPPR North at firstname.lastname@example.org