Prosperity and Justice: A Plan for the New Economy
The launch of the final report of the IPPR Commission on Economic Justice
The Institute for Public Policy Research is delighted to invite you to attend the launch of the final report of the IPPR Commission on Economic Justice. This event will take place on Wednesday 5th September, 9.00-11.30am at 1 Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London SW1H 9JJ.
The UK economy is not working. It is not raising living standards for a majority of the population, young people are set to be poorer than their parents and the nations and regions of the country are pulling further apart. We have longstanding weaknesses of investment, productivity and trade.
The IPPR Commission on Economic Justice was established in 2016 in the wake of the vote to leave the EU to examine the challenges facing the UK economy and to make recommendations for reform. Its final report Prosperity and Justice: A Plan for the New Economy will set out its analysis of the state of the economy and present an ambitious plan for reform - the most significant change in economic policy for a generation.
09.00 Registration and Refreshments
09.30 Introduction: Tom Kibasi, Director of IPPR and Chair of the Commission
09.50 Presentations from Commissioners
- The Most Revd and Rt Hon Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, Church of England; Head of the Worldwide Anglican Communion
- Dame Helena Morrissey DBE, Head of Personal Investing, Legal & General Investment Management; Chair, Investment Association; Founder, 30% Club
- Dominic Barton, Global Managing Partner Emeritus, McKinsey & Company
- Sara Bryson, Community Organiser, Tyne & Wear Citizens, Citizens UK
- Frances O'Grady, General Secretary, Trades Union Congress
- Lord Bob Kerslake, Chair of Peabody, Former Head of the Civil Service
- Hetan Shah, Chair, Friends Provident Foundation
Tom Kibasi, Director of IPPR and Chair of the Commission
11.20 Closing comments: Lord Eatwell, President, Queen's College, University of Cambridge; Member of the Commission and Chair of IPPR Board of Trustees
11.30 Refreshments and Networking
We would be delighted if you could join us. Places are limited. Please register for your place using the link below.