The Future of the NHS and Social Care: The Lord Darzi Review Launch
Lord Ara Darzi’s independent review into the health and social care system, in partnership with IPPR, was recently launched to coincide with the NHS’s 70th birthday, as well as the 10th anniversary of the original review into the NHS, High Quality Care for All.
The interim report of the review, published in April, set out the challenges the system is facing and the case for change going forward. The final report will set out what a long-term funding and reform plan to ensure the health and care system is fit for the future should look like.
To launch the final report of the Review, IPPR are bringing together leading thinkers and politicians from across the political spectrum to discuss and debate the future of the NHS for a half-day conference in Westminster.
Keynote speakers include:
- Lord Ara Darzi
- Simon Stevens, Chief Executive of NHS England
- Lord David Prior
- Dr Geraldine Strathdee, National Clinical Director for Mental Health, NHS England
- Neil Mulcock, Gilead Science
- Hilary Neiwiss, National Voices
- Hannah Farrar, Partner at Carnall Farrar