What can devolution do for tomorrow's work?
IPPR North and DevoConnect will host a fringe at the TUC 2018 Congress on devolution, the changing nature of work and what it means for tomorrow’s workforce.
Devolution presents new opportunities to support workers at a time when the world of work and the kind of jobs we do are changing rapidly. Our fringe will look at how the development of local Industrial Strategies can generate jobs and benefits that all workers can access as well as drive economic and inclusive growth. We will also look at the potential for trade unions to work with policy makers towards a ‘good jobs’ agenda in areas where devolution arrangements have been agreed.
We have a great line-up to discuss the opportunities and challenges devolution brings for trade unions and help us to shape the debate on the future of work:
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region
- Andy Burnham, Metro Mayor of Greater Manchester (Invited)
- Sarah Longlands, Director of IPPR North
- Christina McAnea, Assistant General Secretary of UNISON
- Gill Morris, Founder and CEO of DevoConnect (Chair)
Refreshments will be provided. We are very grateful to UNISON for supporting this important event and hope that you will be able to join us in Manchester on the 11th. Please RSVP via this Eventbrite page.