Oxford Media Convention 2016
Celebrating its 15th year, the Oxford Media Convention has been established as the leading gathering of the industry.
- Read John Whittingdale's speech
- Read Rona Fairhead's speech
- Read Trevor Phillips' speech
- Follow all the latest updates on Twitter
It traditionally attracts over 300 senior figures, including leading politicians and policymakers, industry leaders and practitioners, analysts and competitors from across the UK media. This year the visions of the key players will be laid out, and the UK’s leading policy experts will debate real solutions with those who will implement them.
Keynote speakers include:
- Rt Hon John Whittingdale OBE MP, secretary of state for culture, media and sport
- Rona Fairhead CBE, chair of the BBC Trust
- Sir David Clementi
- Trevor Phillips OBE
- Shaping Britain’s digital future – what are the challenges facing the UK media industry in 2016 and beyond?
- Does national or local content have a future in the digital single market?
- Prominence, distribution and discoverability: what, why and how?
- Incitement and National Security: a new architecture to protect freedom
- The BBC: how to combine accountability to users with innovation and independence?
For more information visit oxfordmediaconvention.com