The final report from the Criminal Justice Forum, addressing the strategic questions facing the criminal justice system in England and Wales.
ippr established the Criminal Justice Forum to address the strategic questions facing the criminal justice system in England and Wales. The research is brought together in this final report, which looks at a number of questions:
- What should be the boundaries of the criminal law?
- How can we address public concern about crime?
- What can we do to share the responsibility for tackling crime across our society?
- What role might the corporate sector play?
- What should shape the modernisation agenda in criminal justice?
- What should custody look like in the future?
State of the North 2024: Charting the course for a decade of renewalThe North’s communities are ambitious for a better future, but face systemic and pronounced inequalities. Gaps in power, wealth, opportunity, and health result in shorter, sicker, less fulfilling lives.
No home left behind: Funding a just transition to clean heat in ScotlandHow can we ensure that investment in clean heating in Scottish homes drives a just transition, sharing costs and benefits fairly?
The asylum backlog: Job done?This blog post sets out how the department must now grapple with a new set of backlog challenges.