Inflation, profits and power
IPPR and Common Wealth are pleased to host an important panel discussion on the topic of inflation, profits and power.
What is the relationship between market concentration and corporate profits? Does this feed through to inflation, and by what mechanisms? How should policymakers respond? This session brought together academics, campaigners, journalists, and thinkers on this important topic.
- Isabella Weber, Associate Professor, UMass Amherst
- Jan Eeckhout, ICREA research professor of Economics, UPF Barcelona
- Michelle Meagher, Co-Founder, Balanced Economy Project
- Soumaya Keynes, Economics Columnist, Financial Times
- Carys Roberts, Executive Director, IPPR