About A fair transition for farming
Decarbonisation and nature restoration in farming provide a key opportunity to help ensure the UK’s food security. At this event we launched IPPR's new report, Reaping the rewards: Cultivating a fair transition to farming, which looked at the impacts of the climate and nature crises on farmers, the wider challenges faced by the farming community, and how farmers can, through a fair transition, be supported to help address the climate and nature crises, provide affordable food, and earn a decent livelihood.
At this event we presented findings from our new report and our recommended measures to ensure a fair transition that works for farmers and farm workers, communities, and nature and climate. We discussed our deliberative research with farmers, farm workers, and members of the public – the issues they face and the changes they would like to see.
We were joined by:
- Daniel Zeichner MP, Shadow Minister for Food, Farming and Fisheries
- Greg Smith MP, Chair of the APPG on Farming
- Lydia Collas, Policy Analyst, Green Alliance
- Holly Purdey, Horner Farm
- Chair: Luke Murphy, Associate Director for Energy, Climate, Housing and Infrastructure and Head of the Fair Transition Unit, IPPR
You can watch the recording of the event below and you can read the report here.