Tees Valley and County Durham Climate and Fairness Panel
The Tees Valley and County Durham Climate and Fairness Panel is one of four citizens' juries around the UK held by the Environmental Justice Commission in late 2020 and early 2021.
This report documents the Tees Valley and County Durham Panel’s considered view on the practical steps required to address the climate crisis and restore nature in a way that is fair for everyone. This set of recommendations has five parts:
- a statement on a fair response to the climate and nature emergencies
- a wellbeing framework and vision for a better life for all
- recommendations on the principles for the transition – decision-making and fairly sharing the costs
- recommendations for work and industry
- recommendations on nature, what we eat, and how we use the land.