The UK needs a greener transport system that works better for people today and allows future generations to thrive.
IPPR argues that we need a transport strategy that reflects the importance of changing how we travel to keep the UK on track to meet its climate commitments and seizes the opportunity to deliver a transport system that works better for people today and allows future generations to thrive.
Our six priorities for a new government are:
- set out a new vision and approach to transport decision-making
- lead a renaissance for local public transport
- create attractive spaces for walking, wheeling, and cycling
- make clean air and a healthier environment a right for all communities
- accelerate access to electric vehicles and ensure a fair deal for those who need to drive
- ensure aviation is delivering its share of emissions reductions.
Great government: Public service reform in the 2020sHow can the next government make urgent improvements to our public services?
From missed chances to green advances: The case for a green industrial strategyThe transition to net zero remains a huge economic opportunity for the UK, but we need the investment and clear, long-term, robust industrial strategy to realise it.
Unlocking local action on clean airThere is an urgent need to address air pollution.