Webinar: Clearing the air: Unlocking local action on clean air
Some estimates place the number of premature deaths in the UK due to air pollution at 43,000. This is a problem that requires urgent and ambitious action.
Local authorities are uniquely positioned to improve air quality in their areas, with many of the powers they need to act. However, a combination of a lack of support, funding and concerns over noisy backlash stymie action that could have wide-ranging impacts from improved health, reduction of carbon emissions, and renewed pride in communities.
This event will mark the launch a new paper from IPPR; 'Clearing the air: Unlocking local action on clean air'. We will also be launching a series of briefings alongside the report, targeted at national and local government, and advocates working in this area.
- Liz Godfrey, Mums for Lungs, Manchester
- Cllr Waseem Zaffar, Founder of the Clean Air Justice Network
- Cllr Charlie Hicks, Deputy Chair Place Overview and Scrutiny Committee, Oxfordshire County Council
- Carolyn Axtell, Parklets Campaign Manager, Possible
- Maya Singer Hobbs, Senior Research Fellow, IPPR
- Chair: Daniel Knowles, Midwest Correspondent, The Economist