26:3 issue contents - Picking up the Pieces
Since the vote to leave the EU, commentary on the division of the country has dominated our national conversation. But attempts to explain the result have oversimplified some factors and obscured others. Progressives must challenge these narratives and offer our own stories about what happened and what should come next.
This issue looks to both understand division in the UK and to begin the healing process. And, it begins to imagine what, at the end of that process, a more progressive country really looks like.
- Editorial / Chris Thomas, Shreya Nanda, Joshua Emden and Carys Roberts
- The British class system is in great shape / Lisa Mckenzie
- Bridging the Brexit divide / Lisa Nandy
- Whose flag? / Kojo Koram
- ‘Beyond barbarism’ / Leanne Wood
- Aufstehen, Hinsetzen / Adrian Kreutz
- Beyond the ‘populist’ label / Roslyn Fuller
- Visions of the future / Ed Miliband and Naomi Klein
- Imitation, resentment and the rise of populism / Ivan Krastev and Carys Roberts