28:3 Issue contents - Nurture and Renewal
Covid-19 has shaken the UK economy in profound ways. But as we emerge from the crisis, people across the country are clear – we cannot go back to business as usual.
This edition of progressive review takes on the many challenges facing the UK economy. It asks what ‘build back better’ really means, in practice. It puts forward radical ideas for a better, fairer, more sustainable economic settlement – for all.
- Editorial / Chris Thomas, Rachel Statham and Joshua Emden
- Changing the conversation on the economy / Dora Meade, Sofie Jenkinson and Ellie Mae O’Hagan
- Keeping wealth local / Josh Ryan-Collins
- What role can trade unions play in building back better? / Kate Bell
- The asset economy during and after the Covid-19 crisis / Lisa Adkins, Gareth Bryant and Martijn Konings
- Unwinding the asset economy / Sahil Jai Dutta
- Leaving the ‘old broken model’ behind? / Daniel Clegg, Hayley Bennett, Jan Eichhorn and Elke Heins
- An economics of attachment and agency / Jessica Prendergrast
- Barratt Britain / Duncan Weldon
- Ensconced versus exposed / Rory Ellwood
- Have voters embraced a bigger state? / John Curtice