Thurrock Climate and Fairness Panel
The Thurrock Climate and Fairness Panel is one of four citizens’ juries around the UK held by the commission in late 2020 and early 2021.
This report documents the Thurrock panel’s considered view on the practical steps required to address the climate crisis and restore nature in a way that is fair for everyone.
This set of recommendations has five parts:
- a statement on a fair response to the climate and nature emergencies
- a wellbeing framework and vision for a better life for all
- recommendations on the principles of how we respond to these emergencies – decision making and fairly sharing the costs
- recommendations for travel and place
- recommendations on nature, what we eat and how we use the land.